The 18th International Conference of the Pacific Basin Consortium for Environment and Health, ” Assessing and Mitigating Environmental Exposures in Early Life’, will be held 16 – 19 September 2019 in Kyoto, Japan.
- Abstract submission is now open, closing June 7
- Accommodation choices. Participants are required to book their own accommodation.
- Further information available at http://www.pco-prime.com/18pbc/access.html
- Childcare options are available http://www.pco-prime.com/18pbc/childcare.html.
- A draft program is now available. Please check this page regularly for updates.
- Registration is online via http://www.pco-prime.com/18pbc/registration.html
- Which Airport should I go to?
- There is no international airport in Kyoto, the nearest is Kansai International Airport (Osaka)
- Chubu Centrair International Airport Nagoya is also convenient.
- Osaka Itami Airport is the closest but limited to domestic flights.
- If you enter into Japan at Tokyo Narita Airport or Tokyo Haneda Airport, you can fly to Osaka Itami Airport.
- How to get to Kyoto Station from the Airport
- Kansai Airport. You can use JR Express “Haruka” train from Kansai Airport to Kyoto with no transfer. In addition, you can use a limousine bus to Kyoto from the airport.
- Chubu Centrair Airport Nagoya. You can take a train from the airport to Nagoya Station, and take a Shinkansen bullet train to Kyoto. It will take about an hour.
- Osaka Itami Airport. You can take a limousine bus to Kyoto.
- How to get from Kyoto Station to the conference venue “Kyoto Kyoiku Bunka Center”.
- From Kyoto Station to the conference venue or your hotel, taxi is the easiest.
- Bus is easy, too. Please take a bus No. 206 at D2 bus-stop “Kyoto Station Mae”, and get off at “Kumano-Jinja Mae”. It will take about 40 minutes. The conference venue is located just around the corner.
- Jingu-Marutamachi station is the nearest subway station to the venue.
- Recommend Shinkansen bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto
- Kyoto travel information
- Visa information is available from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html