Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any recent news items that you wish to have considered for inclusion on the News page.
Follow up from the USA’s formal notification to the UN about withdrawing from WHO – forwarding a note from Georgetown University:
We would like to push this letter out far and wide now. It is online at: https://oneill.law.georgetown.edu/letter-to-congress-on-who-withdrawal-from-public-health-law-and-international-relations-leaders/
Read Dr J Johanna Sanchez’s research on SciDevNet
“Enteric infection, or gastrointestinal infection, which includes Campylobacter infection, is associated with stunting through its effect on appetite, metabolic demands, and gastrointestinal absorption and function,” says J. Johanna Sanchez, researcher at the Children’s Health Research Centre, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, and an author of the study published May in PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases.
Outcome report is now available for the Regional Expert Consultation for East Asia and the Pacific, held in Bogor Indonesia, October 2019
University of Queensland successfully hosted the WHO-UNICEF Lancet Commission on Child Wellbeing regional launch on 12 March 2020.
The public event was live streamed on the UQ Faculty of Medicine Facebook page and can be viewed here.
Details of the Seminar and the Evening Public event can be found at https://medicine.uq.edu.au/event/session/18264
- ASF Connect – Carlos Sánchez-Pimienta
- Gikinoo’amaagewin Wiigwaam
- Indigenous Women in Renewable Energy
- Bras d’Or Lakes CEPI
- We Lived This Way Before
- Perspectives Among Indigenous Youth and Energy and Food Sovereignty
- Advancing Culturally Relevant Gender-Based Analysis
- Working Towards Energy Security, Self-Determination, and Reconciliation
- Towards Energy Security in NunatuKavut
Trainee Project Updates
- Exploring Relations, Experience and Ways of Knowing